What’s New in Version 5.3
◆ The Extended Brainiac Edition
We have packed a ton of bug fixes and other improvements into this version of 1Password. But if you asked us to name the Big Ones for version 5.3, we’d be remiss if we didn’t talk about the improvements to the 1Password Extension and the 1Password Brain. Read on for all the juicy details!
1Password never prompts you for a review. We value your workflow too much to interrupt it. If you feel generous and have a couple of minutes, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance!
We love hearing from you! Get in touch with us at [email protected], @1Password on Twitter, and Facebook.com/1Password.
◆ App Extension version Amazing Point Oh
The new 1Password App Extension now saves you 400% more time. It can create new Logins in 1Browser, Safari, and even other apps. It can also fill Identities and Credit Cards, even in other apps.
The extension has made 1Password even more adaptable than ever. If the site you’re viewing doesn’t match any Logins, you can now select the correct Login by using the Show All Logins button.
We’ve been working closely with a number of other app developers on the improvements to our App Extension, which means you get to wait less time for more awesome.
◆ What are we going to do today, Brain?
Did you know there is a Brain in 1Password? It’s been studying hard and is now 2,000% more accurate and fills forms 483% faster. Talk about an IQ bump! All that’s left is for us to fill out that Mensa membership application…and try to take over the world.
◆ We need to talk
Great Scott! There is so much great stuff going on with 1Password that we added a new Message Center to keep you in the know. It brings you 1Password news and tips right in our in-app Settings. Don’t worry, Push Notifications need not apply.
◆ Zoomier than ever
Good news, everyone: iPhone 6 Plus, Zoom Mode, and 1Password now happily play together! We fixed a bizarre situation where the lock screen animation was broken and jittery on iPhone 6 Plus. Even worse, it would sometimes cause the iOS Springboard to restart (which looked like your phone was rebooting)! Our thanks to everyone who helped us pin this one down.
◆ Other bits and bobs
– Squinting at usernames and passwords is a thing of the past, thanks to our new Large Type option. Just tap on any username or password and select Large Type from the popup. We’ve also improved our Dynamic Type support to make 1Password bigger and friendlier for everyone!
– Tags now pop a bit more because we display them in these fancy little bubbles. (Get it? Bubbles? Pop? We’ll see ourselves out….)
– You might switch time zones, or even cross the International Date Line. The dates in 1Password will stay steadfast, though.
– Attached to your attachments? We’ve fixed an issue where sometimes attachments could not be read on some devices.
– One-time passwords now appear in two groups and are separated by a faded bullet to make them easier to read.
– If you need to search using Asian language characters, it’ll work!
– So many more bug and crash fixes. Check out app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPI5 for the full changelog.